English information about the Smallest Airport - Knuffingen

For our english-speaking friends.
Antworten
Dataman19

English information about the Smallest Airport - Knuffingen

Beitrag von Dataman19 » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 12:11

I was wondering if there is any information about Knuffingen Flughaven?
I am interested in the DVD if a copy is available in english (and NTSB Video Standard).
I realize that Germany is on the PAL Standard (I used to have a TV that worked in PAL and NTSB - I bought it while I was in Germany. Now it is gone, it broke and I couldn't get parts to fix it.. darn).
I lived in Ulm Germany in the 1980's... Really enjoyed Germany. I have a few really good friends in Germany, Wilfred Fischer (Alsenbach - near Ulm, Germany - Owned Duffi Electonix in Ulm in the 90's), Peter Shutz (Bochum, Ge, owns the American Car Company There), and Her Schmidt (WMF Crystal factory, Goerppingen, Ge - near Turkheim Village, Ge)..
I would live to come and see your Miniatur Wonderland the next trip to Germany. I enjoyed spending a lot of time at the Sinsheim Technic Museum at Sinsheim, Ge while I lived in Germany for the 9-short years that I lived there.
Your miniature airport intrigues me. I was wondering how you built the landing gear drive units. If I am correct - it looks like the carbon fiber planes are pulled by the front landing gear? Is this correct?
I am also intrigued by the software and lighting controllers. Has Gerrit published any technical articles?
Please pass this question on to Gerrit - I would love to hear from him.
Dave
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
dataman19

Peter Müller
Forumane

Re: English information about the Smallest Airport - Knuffin

Beitrag von Peter Müller » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 12:58

Hello Dave,

in the onlineshop I found *this* and *this* DVD in the NTSC-System. I don't know whether NTSC is the same or comparable to NTSB
Grüße, Peter

Bei campact.de per E-Mail abstimmen: 49-Euro-Ticket retten! ... das haben Stand 25.08.2023 um 20:45 Uhr schon 115.000 Menschen getan.

Und Aktionen bei campact.de wirken, siehe Wikipedia, da wird darüber berichtet.

HaNull
Forumane

Beitrag von HaNull » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 13:38

Hi, Dave!
Dataman19 hat geschrieben:Has Gerrit published any technical articles?
Did you watch "Gerrit's Diaries"? I presume you missed them.

Just look for "Gerrits Tagebuch" on their Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/miwulaTV
Note: You can turn on the English captions.
████████   Gruß aus NRW
████████   Thomas
████████   Multi-MISTler: 1. Siegburg (RSK) - 2. Köln rrh. - 3. Rheinbreitbach

Nordexpress
Forumane

Beitrag von Nordexpress » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 13:40

Hi Dave,

DVDs should be a universal standard? And only video cassettes dependant on US or PAL standard.

Most of Gerrits Tagebuch - Gerrits Diaries - are subtitled in English but spoken in German. They are accessible in both youtube and here om Miniatur Wunderland. The whole innovative development of the airport has been reported on Gerrits Diary.

While starting and landing, aircraft models move on the metal sticks you see (two per aircraft) chain and motor driven. When moving on the ground, airliners are driven by the front wheel on the same principle as all trucks and busses - following the adapted Faller Car System, ie. a metal wire in the ground surface. Every individual move is computer monitored.

As far as I know - and in brief - the computer managed operation of both trains and airliners are a combination of obligatory programmed tasks and situational occational performance due to predefined parameters of each individual airliner or train category - type of airliner, gates accessible, parking accessible etc.

You'll get to understand the airport by downloading Gerrits Tagebuch, sorry diaries or ordering in the webshop.

And do plan to go to Hamburg, the three dimensional experience will surprise you. If you are wildly into the model exhibitions, a number of other public exhibitions - smaller and thematic - have opened acrosse Germany that are worth a visit, so a bit of planning is required. Or you should plan to come at the time of one the large annual model fair exhibitions in Cologne or Dortmund.

The Sinsheim Museum now has its own nearby railway station - real size aircraft are also on display in the twin museum in Speyer as well as in the Verkehrshaus in Lucerne, Switzerland.
Zuletzt geändert von Nordexpress am Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 14:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Tschüss Nord-Express
"Die kleine Welt ist die grösste"
Mega Straßenbahnmuseum Dänemark

Nordexpress
Forumane

Beitrag von Nordexpress » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 14:13

All episodes of „Gerrit´s Diary" with additional undisclosed material are now available on DVD (incl. english subtitles):

https://shop.miniatur-wunderland.com/10 ... rport.html
Tschüss Nord-Express
"Die kleine Welt ist die grösste"
Mega Straßenbahnmuseum Dänemark

HaNull
Forumane

Beitrag von HaNull » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 14:43

Nordexpress hat geschrieben:DVDs should be a universal standard? And only video cassettes dependant on US or PAL standard.
That's what I thought - until I checked this on Google.

See here (especially section 4.4):
http://www.paradiso-design.net/videostandards_en.html

I think you can play any DVD on the computer, but when it comes to playing it on the TV, it depends on the capabilities of the TV and the DVD player.
I think it should work with most devices, but I take no liability.
████████   Gruß aus NRW
████████   Thomas
████████   Multi-MISTler: 1. Siegburg (RSK) - 2. Köln rrh. - 3. Rheinbreitbach

messermoser
Forumsgast

Beitrag von messermoser » Samstag 8. Oktober 2011, 16:10

Hi Dave

i can just tell you that i bought the german version (I am nativ germen speaker) via online shop. It was delieverd to the City of Wuerselen (Close to Aachen) and from there via a friend to Bali Indonsia. Here the DVD Player is NTSC. It is not even an all region player. But the DVD works just perfekt.

Antworten