Millennium Falcon

For our english-speaking friends.
Antworten
caltam1

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von caltam1 » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 18:03

Hello---Just viewed Gerrits Tagebuch on the Millennium Falcon. My family will be visiting for the first time the first week of August 2016 and I don't want to miss seeing the Falcon take off. Can someone tell me how frequently it appears? Thanks.

Harry
Forumane
Re: Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Harry » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 18:57

Hello ??
I don't know, how often this model starts. But I forwarded your question to someone, who may knows it.

Best regards
Harry

caltam1

Beitrag von caltam1 » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 19:30

Harry hat geschrieben:Hello ??
I don't know, how often this model starts. But I forwarded your question to someone, who may knows it.

Best regards
Harry
Thank you Harry--appreciate it.

Datterich
Forumane

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Datterich » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 19:38

Hi, here exists an information-board for Arrival and for Departure at Knuffingen International Airport. These time-tables are existing in the real airport-area too.

This is a correct and in general a sure and real time-table (sorry, in German language only a.f.a. I know). This time-table is not an "every-day-the-same" list, it is always different because of battery charging for example -

In "Gerrits Tagebuch" we heard, that the Millenium Falcon model is in reconstruction because of the wheels. I'm sure that this will be ready until your first visit in August. May be you have to spend a little more time at the airport - but that is not boring at all.

Kind regards from Germany
Datterich

caltam1

Beitrag von caltam1 » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 20:30

Datterich hat geschrieben:Hi, here exists an information-board for Arrival and for Departure at Knuffingen International Airport. These time-tables are existing in the real airport-area too.

This is a correct and in general a sure and real time-table (sorry, in German language only a.f.a. I know). This time-table is not an "every-day-the-same" list, it is always different because of battery charging for example -

In "Gerrits Tagebuch" we heard, that the Millenium Falcon model is in reconstruction because of the wheels. I'm sure that this will be ready until your first visit in August. May be you have to spend a little more time at the airport - but that is not boring at all.

Kind regards from Germany
Datterich

Äußerst erstaunlich! Ist dieser Zeitplan veiwable in der Ausstellung? Ich nehme nicht an gibt es einen Flughafen Webcam? Das wäre toll, aber ich würde nie eine Arbeit getan. (Ich verwende Google Übersetzen so hoffentlich Sinn macht). Thank you very much for the information Datterich.

Cheers from Portland,OR
Craig

Datterich
Forumane

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Datterich » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 20:42

caltam1 hat geschrieben:Ist dieser Zeitplan veiwable in der Ausstellung? Is this time-table viewable in the exhibition?
  • Here we are in the "English corner" - so you can write in English :D
Yes, it is, and a webcam exists (only at German day time, not now). The webcam you find here.

Kind regards
Datterich

caltam1

Beitrag von caltam1 » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 21:22

Thanks again Datterich--can't wait to visit in person.
--Craig

Datterich
Forumane

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Datterich » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 21:37

Take enough time for your visit - if you can, more than half a day. You'll enjoy it!

Kind regards to Portland
Datterich

caltam1

Beitrag von caltam1 » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 21:59

Yes--just made a reservation for 19:00 (best time to avoid crowds correct?) and plan to stay until closing. It's not quite on par with MW but if you're ever in Portland, be sure to visit:
http://www.columbiagorgemodelrailroadclub.com/layout/
Beautifully crafted layout--open house in November but I'm sure they'd welcome you anytime.
--Craig

HahNullMuehr
Forumane
Re: Millennium Falc

Beitrag von HahNullMuehr » Dienstag 29. März 2016, 23:56

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the Forum.
Good time to avoid crowds maybe 19:00, but then the day is nearly over !?
A prooved method to avoid queueing is - to make a reservation. Be there in time and have a printout of the confirmation e-mail with you and you are allowed to use the fast lane at the cashier's desks.

Perhaps you should change your reservation to earlier time. It will pay! Honestly!

Regards
Portland? That's where all the concrete comes from?
Micha W. Muehr, Rösrath
Meine Bastelstunde gibt es auch auf YouTube.
Ich mach es lieber am Anfang exakt - und schluder später ein bisschen. Wenn ich schlampig anfange, krieg ich es am Ende nicht wieder genau.

caltam1

Beitrag von caltam1 » Mittwoch 30. März 2016, 00:09

Thank you Micha--I guess I'm concerned more about the amount of people inside as we go through. We won't be arriving in Hamburg until late afternoon (leaving the following late morning) and don't mind making a late night of it if the experience inside will be less crowded and more enjoyable. What are your thoughts?

--Craig

Dirk Zimmermann
MiWuLa Mitarbeiter

Beitrag von Dirk Zimmermann » Mittwoch 30. März 2016, 07:22

We can not promise, if the Millennium Falcon is ready to take off or is in maintenance. You will see and you maybe can ask our stuff at the control center.

writeln
Forumane

Beitrag von writeln » Mittwoch 30. März 2016, 08:29

Well, even if the Falcon does'nt show up, there ist still a lot to see at the wunderland.

If it´s crowded at your arrival time, I advice to watch the less crowded sections first and keep the "highlights" like the airport for the later hours of the day.

Another option to avoid the crowd, is to take a guided "backstage-tour". Watching the layout from the maintenance aisles, provides some very unique insights to the technology, which drives the whole thing. Especially the airport section ist very interesting. I took that tour several times and liked it very much.

Datterich
Forumane

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Datterich » Montag 2. Mai 2016, 21:41

Today I saw the Millenium Falcon at Knuffingen Airport. But the navigation was not very successful. Back to mechanical workshop ... :|
wegdamit1.jpg
endstationsaeule.jpg
Kind regards
Datterich

writeln
Forumane

Beitrag von writeln » Montag 2. Mai 2016, 21:48

...weil er ständig vom Magnetband ausbüxt, nennt man ihn auch den "Wanderfalken"...
Sensationelle Bilder!
:D

Datterich
Forumane

Millennium Falcon

Beitrag von Datterich » Sonntag 15. Mai 2016, 13:27

Have a look here <= click / touch

Kind regards to Death Star
Datterich

Antworten