Please watch for the NETiquette... - English Version

For our english-speaking friends.
Gesperrt
HahNullMuehr
Forumane
Re: Please watch fo r the NETiquette... - English Version

Beitrag von HahNullMuehr » Montag 21. November 2011, 23:30

... and this is Stephan's sequel, posted originally in German on April 13th 2006

Topic: Quoting

Quoting makes sense if you refer to a posting that wasn’t written instantaneously before.

Nonsensical is a so-called “Full Quote”, quoting a complete posting. Please quote the direct reference only and replace the “unimportant” part by a […]. That way will make clear, what you refer to.
Stephan Hertz hat geschrieben: […]equally disturbing are contentless postings […]
The “silliest” is a Full Quote of a posting that is answered directly, because accordingly arises here the following:
Stephan Hertz hat geschrieben: The “silliest” is a Full Quote of a posting that is answered directly, because accordingly arises here the following
What do I win by this repetition? NOTHING, except that I’m stealing worthy traffic from the Wunderland and (loading) time from the fellow readers.
So please abstain completely from this kind of quotes !

Since I’m not a native speaker I would appreciate corrections an improve proposals.

Translation by
Micha W. Muehr, Rösrath
Meine Bastelstunde gibt es auch auf YouTube.
Ich mach es lieber am Anfang exakt - und schluder später ein bisschen. Wenn ich schlampig anfange, krieg ich es am Ende nicht wieder genau.

Gesperrt