Disadvantages?

For our english-speaking friends.
Antworten
keotaman

Disadvantages?

Beitrag von keotaman » Montag 3. Oktober 2011, 19:47

Stephen says, "There are no disadvantages for the English registered members. Please follow the link below… The English Corner"
Pardon, but I beg to differ, there are several disadvantages, since I cannot speak German. Signin, logon, buttons are all in German except right here. All the topics are gone. For what? There were several spam (2-3) about every 2-3 weeks. I helped report several of them, and then All Of A Sudden it is said, "we have So much Spam". I should NOT have reported the spam, maybe we would still have our forum.
This is useless for me now. I'll see what happens for a couple of weeks, but then I will probably leave.

Join date of Sunday 25. September 2011 is just for this "English Corner"
Last visited: 03 Oct 2011 14:49
Total posts: 16
[2.72% of all posts / 0.11 posts per day]
Search user’s posts
Most active forum: General discussions about the Wunderland
[ 7 Posts / 43.75% of your posts ]
Most active topic: Largest train display in the world
[ 3 Posts / 18.75% of your posts ]

Stephan Hertz
Webmaster
Re: Disadvantages?

Beitrag von Stephan Hertz » Montag 3. Oktober 2011, 23:10

You need not speak German, you can use your profile in English (you can do this at the registration or later in the profil) ...
Then the buttons will be displayed in English!
There were several spam (2-3) about every 2-3 weeks
There were lot of spam 20-50 every day in the last weeks! We killed every day hell of spam ... :-(
Stephan
Miniatur Wunderland

keotaman

Beitrag von keotaman » Montag 3. Oktober 2011, 23:35

Stephan Hertz hat geschrieben:
There were lot of spam 20-50 every day in the last weeks! We killed every day hell of spam ... :-(
My apologies. You killed them so well that I never saw them!

Feuer-wer
Forumane

Beitrag von Feuer-wer » Dienstag 4. Oktober 2011, 08:27

Hi Keatoman, you are welcome in any language in all parts of the "forum"!

Just my 2 ct.

Nordexpress
Forumane

Beitrag von Nordexpress » Dienstag 4. Oktober 2011, 12:47

Hi Keotoman
This is useless for me now
One of the basic reasons for the tremendous success Miniatur-Wunderland has experienced lies in its openness towards all types of creativity. Thus large parts of the lay-out and landscape are a result of the ideas of many model builders with their own different backgrounds. Historically, the Forum has contributed with numerous ideas and discussions on the expanding miniature world - and has had far more active participants than at present. Over the years the management has been overwhelmed with external interventions.

Innovation is what created Miniatur Wunderland.

Thus you are so welcome as a participant feeding ideas and comments into the Forum and the miniature world - and contributing to a living international web site.

However, only acting as a critical consumer of the site "whats in it for me?" may be a disappointing strategy. You have the choice :dr.smile:
Tschüss Nord-Express
"Die kleine Welt ist die grösste"
Mega Straßenbahnmuseum Dänemark

keotaman

Beitrag von keotaman » Dienstag 4. Oktober 2011, 18:27

Nordexpress hat geschrieben:Hi Keotoman
…However, only acting as a critical consumer of the site "whats in it for me?" may be a disappointing strategy. You have the choice :dr.smile:
You have totally mis-read me; I have contributed, I have questioned incorrect information, I have asked questions, all without needless frivolous posting designed to pump up post count. I came here to learn, to help where I could and to enjoy discussions about MiWuLa!
Sadly, with the absence of rational discussions about the layout & equipment, this forum is useless to me.

HaNull
Forumane

Beitrag von HaNull » Dienstag 4. Oktober 2011, 23:24

Hi!
keotaman hat geschrieben:Sadly, with the absence of rational discussions about the layout & equipment, this forum is useless to me.
You could ask some questions to get discussions going.

See the advantages: Now there is only one forum, so less chores for the administrators - and it's a new version, so there should be less SPAM than before.
And in this "unified" forum, English posts will have more readers as more Germans will read them and may try to answer.

The English forum had several discussion boards (similar to the structure of the German forum), but I thought it was oversized.
Now there is only one minimalistic English forum - and the English translation of the forum rules is still missing.

With 16 posts you are #5 in the top poster list of the English forum. You can easily get to 16 posts here, too (but it's a longer way to the top).

Which topics are you interested in? Airport, Concorde, Space Shuttle?
████████   Gruß aus NRW
████████   Thomas
████████   Multi-MISTler: 1. Siegburg (RSK) - 2. Köln rrh. - 3. Rheinbreitbach

keotaman

Beitrag von keotaman » Dienstag 4. Oktober 2011, 23:48

Thanks, Thomas, nice reply.
As a retired railroader, I am drawn to both HO and Garden model railways. But having solo'd over 50 years ago, I am also fascinated by the Airport. The Faller system is new to me, as is the IR method of controlling layout machines and ships.

Nordexpress
Forumane

Beitrag von Nordexpress » Mittwoch 5. Oktober 2011, 09:37

Hi Keotaman,

OK, I hadn't followed your previous contributions in the English Forum.

Disregarding the Forum, I really hope you shall get the opportunity to jump onto a cheap flight and experience the Miniatur Wunderland in the Speicherstadt live in person - ie. not on an overcrowded day - you won't believe it until you've seen it with your own eyes.

(A sausage in the cafeteria is part of the tour :mrgreen: )
Tschüss Nord-Express
"Die kleine Welt ist die grösste"
Mega Straßenbahnmuseum Dänemark

Choobacca

Beitrag von Choobacca » Dienstag 14. Februar 2012, 17:18

I really like the idea of one forum for everyone. It's true that it's going to take a while to get used to the icons which are written in German, but apart from that I think it's great.

Maybe some of the icons and important keywords could be written in several languages such as German, English, French and Spanish? Words like Log In, Join Forum, New Topic, Preview Post, Post Topic, Add Picture, Edit, Quote etc.

It would also help new members learn a few words in other languages. Hey, Absenden means Post, I'm learning German :D

HaNull
Forumane

Beitrag von HaNull » Mittwoch 15. Februar 2012, 00:43

Choobacca hat geschrieben:Maybe some of the icons and important keywords could be written in several languages such as German, English, French and Spanish? Words like Log In, Join Forum, New Topic, Preview Post, Post Topic, Add Picture, Edit, Quote etc.
They are English for me.
Click on "Persönlicher Bereich", then "Einstellungen" and select a language beside "Meine Sprache".
████████   Gruß aus NRW
████████   Thomas
████████   Multi-MISTler: 1. Siegburg (RSK) - 2. Köln rrh. - 3. Rheinbreitbach

Choobacca

Beitrag von Choobacca » Mittwoch 15. Februar 2012, 10:42

Found it! Thanks.

Antworten